Thursday, August 30, 2007

 

In Virginia

Well, the big move happened on Monday and I am now a Virginia resident. The issue of how to get myself, my car, and all my stuff to my new home was nicely fixed by my father who very generously drove a rented cargo van from Massachusetts to Virginia on Monday and then drove it back again on Tuesday and then proceeded to use the van to transport my furniture from my house to my parents' house. What a father!

All in all, it was a smooth trip, though we had to pack the van around the guys who showed up to finish replacing my front door that was damaged in the robbery back in January. Unloading was a cinch as several friends and my roommate were there to help. I've spent the last couple of days unpacking and am happy to find that almost everything fits in my room. I had a little trouble with my clothes - it's tough going from a huge walk in closet to a closet with about a quarter of the space - but it's not too bad. Today I spent some time on the phone with the router company and got the wireless set up before heading out to explore. I now know where Target, Safeway (the grocery store), the Post Office, and CVS are. It's a start. Though there are still a lot of issues to be dealt with - like finding a job and a renter for my house - it's nice to finally be here and to be getting settled in.

Labels:


The Documents in the Case: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture