Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 

I hate packing!

I remember when I moved into my house almost 4 years ago. I had just bought the house and my sister and I were moving from smaller rented space. On the day of the move, my parents came over along with some friends and we proceded to drive back and forth across the city all day with truck loads of stuff. How we had so much stuff, I have no idea! I vowed then that I was staying where I was forever. No more packing and moving!

Turned out to be a short forever. Now, not quite 4 years later I am sorting through my things and preparing to move again. The difference this time is that I won't be taking everything I own with me. There isn't space in my tiny Virginia apartment. Still the rest of my things need to be packed and stored. Or maybe I'll just give them away; it would certainly help the next time I have to move. If only I could reconcile myself to getting rid of a box or two of books - or movies!

Labels:


The Documents in the Case: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture