Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

Mardi Gras!


Several years ago, I attended Mardi Gras with a good friend from New Orleans. We had been planning to get together for some time, but hadn't found the right time. Then, she told me that she would be entering the convent soon. So, the next opportunity (which just happened to be the week of Mardi Gras) I boarded a plane to visit. I'll never forget how much fun Mardi Gras was, and how real the transition from the parties of Carnival to the starkness was Ash Wednesday felt. Since then, I have made it a point to host my own Mardi Gras party each year, a party that ends promptly at midnight with a prayer for a good Lent.

Labels:


The Documents in the Case: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture