Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

An intrusion

Sometime yesterday, while I was at work, someone broke into my house and stole my laptop, some jewlery (including a diamond ring (birthstone) that my parents gave me), and possibly some cash. I was supposed to be leaving for Virigina to participate in the March for Life at the time that the theft was discovered, and after consulting with the police, decided to make the trip. Right now I am writing this from my friends' living room in Fairfax, VA. When I return home on Tuesday, I will have to make a more thorough investigation to see if anything else is missing. I know that it is unlikely that my missing items will ever be found. However, I also believe in the power of prayer and am praying to St. Anthony for his help in locating my property. The patron saint of police escapes me at the moment, but I'll be praying to him as well to help the police apprehend the culprit.

Right now I am saddened by the loss of several items of importance to me, and sickened and angry at the thought of someone forcing his way into my house and helping himself to my things. I'm praying to God for the ability to forgive and thanking God that only a few things were taken and that no one was at the house to be hurt at the time of the crime.

The Documents in the Case:
I'm so sorry to hear this. That really stinks. I know what a violation that robbery can be. I once had my car broken into in a church parking lot while I was running a weekend confirmation retreat. They stole all my music and a jacket and tried to bust the ignition lock.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Incidentally, St. Michael the Archangel is the patron saint of police. Couldn't think of a better patron to pray to right now.
 
Yes, the patron Saint of the police is St. Michael the Archangel.

Did they "bump" your door?

I am also glad that no one was home during the robbery and that you are all right.
 
Thursday told me about this yesterday. That is terrible. I hope they get the rotten stinkers too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture