Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Moms should stay home

A friend sent along this column from the Toronto Sun by Michael Coren. Coren takes the very unfashionable position that "a woman's place is in the home."

There is no compelling case that the world would be a better place if more women were lawyers, bankers, soldiers or engineers. There are many such arguments, however, that the world would be a far better place if more women were mothers. Which means more than the mere act of procreation. It means devotion, sacrifice and time. Not quality time, just time. Lots of it. It means refusing to accept that self-esteem can only come through a boss, water cooler gossip and a generous pension scheme.

Happily, some women are coming to the same conclusion.

The Documents in the Case:
I can't wait. :)
 
Okay, that is twice the the blogger ate my comment on the Carole Lombard post. I was going to tell you that I just got 7 new Lombard flicks. I'm very excited.
 
Actually, the comment went on the Joseph Cotten post. I responded that I'm very jealous. They showed a couple on TCM last night that I've never seen - Love Before Breakfast and Hands Across the Table. Both hilarious.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture