Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

Happy 4th of July!


I went to a 4th of July concert in the East Park in Worcester last night, ending with the traditional playing of the 1812 Overture and fireworks. It was a perfect night for an outdoors concert. Thank you to our founding fathers for signing the Declaration of Independence in July!

I met a young Italian woman in the park, spending a few months in America doing an internship. It made me wonder....does any other country in the world celebrate their birthday with as much excitement and noise as we do?

I just love our loud, extravagant birthday celebrations!

The Documents in the Case:
I thought you hated fireworks.
 
Yes, well, I'm not so fond of the really loud noisy ones, but I like all the colors and I love the atmosphere of everyone happy, excited, singing patriotic songs...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture