Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

School

Sorry for the lack of posts over the last week or so. I've had some thoughts, but no time to develop them what with packing for school and moving down to Virginia. I arrived at my friends' house in Fairfax early Sunday morning (2:15 am) after a very uneventful drive, went to a brunch in DC for Ave Maria College graduates, all of whom were at least 10 years younger than me (one of whom was a former student of mine when I used to teach high school - she was there with her husband (Yikes!)), and finally found Christendom College in Front Royal.

Yesterday, I had my first classes - New Testament in the morning and Philosophical Errors after lunch. The schedule allows time to attend Mass everyday and there is a Holy Hour every night. And, there are lots of religious around, taking classes at the Grad school and also in the VCI (Vocations Institute). It's so awesome to see all the sisters in their different habits and to be able to talk with them during meals.

There are a few other women staying the full 6 weeks with me. Last night we went into town and figured out where the grocery store, Domino's, and the K-Mart are. It's amazing how quickly I've slipped back into college life!

The Documents in the Case:
I miss my alma mater! Glad you're finding things to enjoy there, though.

One fun game to play in Front Royal is "Count the Mullets." Hang out a bit more at the K-Mart and your tally will skyrocket!
 
Just hit the K-Mart for the first time today. Didn't see any mullets. Next time I'll have to look harder.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture