Friday, June 02, 2006

 

I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle


Well, actually, it's one spur, hanging from my rear view mirror. I've inherited the spur from my sister who was married last weekend. She's married now, so she couldn't keep it.

I don't remember who started it, but once upon a time, there was a single woman with a spur and Gene Autry:

I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
As I go ridin' merrily along
And they sing, Oh, ain't you glad you're single
And that song ain't so very far from wrong


When that woman got married, she passed the spur on to a friend. And, that friend in turn passed on the spur, and so on until it was passed to my sister. And, now I have it. The badge of single womanhood. I hope one day to pass it on in turn.

But, until then I plan to enjoy it!

The Documents in the Case:
Okay, that's not quite an accurate history, but the sentiment is accurate. Enjoy. That spur and I had wonderful times together.
 
It's The Legend of The Spur
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture