Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Time for a new one

I have a 1990 Geo Prism. It doesn't have air conditioning, a tape player (or CD), or cruise control. The passenger side door does not work at all. The inside door handle on the driver's side is broken, and can only be opened with a piece of wire. The material on the ceiling is falling down, and is held in place by saftey pins. The body is rusting. And, as if all this isn't enough, today the muffler went.

So, definately time for a new car. Here's one I was looking at.

These are my criteria for a car:

1. Under $15,000
2. Manual transmission
3. CD player
4. Drives well (My current car is so light, it's awful to drive when it's windy. And I take a lot of road trips)
5. Good gas mileage (see above)

Power locks, cruise control, intermittent wipers would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Suggestions are very welcome.

The Documents in the Case:
Unless you can put a good bit down, you might consider going new. For about $5000 (give or take) more you could get a new car, and you might get a much better interest rate. It worked out beautifully for me.
 
I bought it pending an inspection from my mechanic. It drives well, is roomier than my current car, has black leather seats, and the clincher - volume controls on the steering wheel! After 6 years of no cd player, no a/c, no cruise control it's like a dream! And they came down in price enough to be in my price range.
 
Now I'm conflicted. It turns out a new car is not all that much more and actually doable for me. Argh!! Too many options in the mix.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture