Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Impossible cases


Today is the feast day of St. Rita of Cascia, patroness of impossible cases.
PRAYER TO ST. RITA
St. Rita, come to my aid!
Faithful, loving wife and mother,
Humble, prayerful widow and nun,
Because of my need, answer my call.

St. Rita, come to my aid!
Beautiful rose born
from the Savior's thorns,
Lead me far from anger and hate;
Guide my heart on peaceful paths with charity to all.

St. Rita, come to my aid!
Helper, healer, holy friend
Hear my petition (make request).
To Christ take this prayer,
For He is my Lord, my God, my All,
My hope in despair,
My strength when afraid.
St. Rita, come to my aid!
St. Rita, answer my call. Amen

The Documents in the Case:
What happened to St. Jude? Or is he patron of hopeless causes? Well then, what's the difference between a hopeless and an impossible cause?
 
Lots of causes have a patron and a patroness - so the women have someone to pray to also :)
 
Why can't the women pray to the men saint? What's up with that. Feminist, you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture