Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

Classic Movie Quiz 137

It's been a while since I posted a quiz, so from And You Thought You Knew Classic Movies! By John DiLeo

2 part quiz this time:

Match the Fred Astaire dance number to the woman who was his partner. Then name the film.

1. "Heigh, Ho, the Gang's All Here"
2. "Begin the Beguine"
3. "This Heart of Mine"
4. "It Only Happens When I Dance With You"
5. "I'm Old-Fashioned"
6. "Pick Yourself Up"
7. "Something's Gotta Give"
8. "I Left My Hat in Haiti"
9. "All of You"
10. "He Loves and She Loves"


a. Ginger Rogers
b. Lucille Bremer
c. Eleanor Powell
d. Leslie Caron
e. Audrey Hepburn
f. Joan Crawford
g. Jane Powell
h. Cyd Charisse
i. Rita Hayworth
j. Ann Miller

Labels:


The Documents in the Case:
Okay - I can do some of these:
Fred Astaire danced with Joan Crawford! Now that's just weird.

1.
2.
3.
4. Ann Miller - Easter Parade
5. Rita Hayworth - You Were Never Lovelier
6. Ginger Rogers - Swing Time
7. Leslie Caron - Daddy Long Legs
8. Jane Powell - Royal Wedding
9.
10. Audrey Hepburn - Funny Face
 
You're good. I didn't know the Leslie Caron or Audrey Hepburn - though I've seen both the movies. 2. is Eleanor Powell in Broadway Melody of 1940. I thought the Joan Crawford thing was strange too!
 
Joan Crawford dancing with Fred Astaire in Dancing Lady to Heigh Ho - the Gang's all Here.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023926/
 
Lucille Bremer is in Yolanda and the Thief - Cyd Charisse in The Bandwagon. Don't know which dance number belongs to which though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture