Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Wow!

I just took the eHarmony quiz.

I've been meaning to check out eHarmony for a long time because I keep seeing those commercials on TV about the 29 dimensions of compatibility. I'm pretty skeptical about on-line dating - at least for me. I've been on the Ave Maria site for a few years now, and I've done a little searching on Catholic Match. I know a number of people who have had success on those sites, but there's something about them that I don't like. I think it's the trying to get to know someone over e-mail thing. If I met someone, thought he was interesting, and then spent time e-mailing to get to know him, that would be different. But, just looking at a profile, thinking "OK, Maybe you'll do" and them e-mailing? I'm just not that comfortable with it.

I must say that the ideal mate described in my Compatibility Profile does sound like a dream man (maybe literally). If you know of anyone who fits this description, please send him my way!

Here's the summary:


He has a very strong intellect which he enjoys exercising.

He tends to be very interested in understanding why things happen.

He enjoys knowing and learning about new things.

He generally prefers to solve problems based on rational causes, rather than emotions.

He loves to spend time catching up with friends.

His easy conversational manner makes him a great companion.

He tends to be generous and supportive of his friends.

He sometimes enjoys sharing a great joke or humorous movie with friends.

It is very important to him to be part of a religious community.

His religious faith is a key part of who he is.

He has some strong, traditional views.

Personal values are important to him.

The Documents in the Case:
I know someone just like that! But you can't have him. ;)
 
Darn :)

You know it's job now to keep your eyes open...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture