Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Classic Movie Quiz #143

From And You Thought You Knew Classic Movies! by John DiLeo.

I found a section of quizes that ask you to match certain movie situations to the movie. I like these!

Match the light comic Cary Grant situation to the film in which it appears.

1. He is engaged to Julia, but ends up with her sister Linda

2. He must pretend to be Joseph the gardener.

3. He announces that he just went gay (no, not the modern usage) all of a sudden.

4. His uneartly powers cause a bottle of sherry to be bottomless.

5. His soon-to-be ex-wife embarrasses him by pretending to be his floozie sister Lola.

6. He has been working for Spy Magazine ever since his divorce.

7. He gets some of his relatives admitted to Happy Dale.

8. He tries to come up with an ad slogan for a ham product.

9. He describes his rival Bruce as looking like Ralph Bellamy (Bellamy plays Bruce).

10.He is alarmed to learn that his wife was recently known as Eve to a hunk she called Adam.

The Films:
a. The Bishop's Wife
b. Arsenic and Old Lace
c. Holiday
d. The Awful Truth
e. His Girl Friday
f. The Talk of the Town
g. My Favorite Wife
h. The Philadelphia Story
i. Bringing Up Baby
j. Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House

Labels:


The Documents in the Case:
OKay, now this I can do!

1. c
2. f
3. i
4. a
5. d
6. h
7. b
8. j
9. e
10. g

My apologies to anyone who read the comments before making their choices.
 
Yeah, I liked this one because I knew all the answers! I have a Jimmy Stewart one that's a little harder...stayed tuned.
 
Even I knew all of these (without cheating!) so it must be an easy quiz.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture