Friday, April 07, 2006

 

Classic Movie Challenge

I love classic movies. Some might say I'm obsessed with them. (Is it possible to be obsessed with more than one thing? Just wondering.) So, I thought that it might be fun to issue a challege to other classic movie buffs. Can you get all 10? For the record I've seen 6 of the listed movies and I think I might get one right. Take a stab. Two pats on the back if you get them all right.

From And You Thought You Knew Classic Movies! 200 Quizzes for Golden Age Movie Lovers by John DiLeo

Match the star to the film in which he/she made an early (and very brief) screen appearance.

1. Audrey Hepburn
2. Alan Ladd
3. Tony Curtis
4. James Dean
5. David Niven
6. Gary Cooper
7. Myrna Loy
8. Lucille Ball
9. Dorothy Dandridge
10. Gene Nelson


a. Criss Cross
b. Top Hat
c. Since You Went Away
d. Has Anybody Seen My Gal
e. Citizen Kane
f. Gentleman's Agreement
g. The Lavender Hill Mob
h. Rose Marie (1936)
i. Wings
j. The Jazz Singer (1927)

Labels:


The Documents in the Case:
Yeah, I had no idea about any of those; but now I am definitely going to dig out Top Hat and try to find Lucille Ball.
 
I had Lucille Ball and Top Hat. No clue on any of the others.
 
I'm so impressed...Becky got 3

Audrey Hepburn in The Lavendar Hill Mob

Alan Ladd in Citizan Kane

Myrna Loy in The Jazz Singer
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture