Saturday, April 29, 2006

 

Another side to the story

It's good to see that the experience of women who have had negative experience with abortion is finally getting press. This article from the Washington Times is about the women who testified in support of the South Dakota ban on abortion which was passed earlier this year.

"We were sold a bill of goods that abortion is a good thing, and when we find out that it's not, we're told to be quiet," said the Louisiana resident [Cynthia Collins], who also told her story to the task force. That mentality is finally starting to change, she said, and "as those voices are heard, then we're going to see the true picture."

I don't know any women who have had abortion. I knew about Project Rachael, but I had never personally heard the pain of these women until a few years ago, when I encountered the women of Silent No More. It was a powerful experience. I have seen these women every year since at the March for Life in Washington, DC, and I greatly admire their courage in telling their painful stories.

The Documents in the Case: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

What I'm Reading
  • Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam
  • The Cost of Choice
  • What I've Finished
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Faithful Departed
  • Cover Her Face
  • Joy in the Morning
  • Gaudy Night
  • Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture